Being a family owned and operated organisation we offer our residents a home where they become part of our family.For over 50 yrs we have strived to ensure that our residents and their families are always comfortable within their new home environment.
For a more intimate dining experience we have a restaurant at the facility where you order your meals off the menu each day. Our Chef cooks all meals fresh to order. Residents are given the option of a glass of wine, beer or soft drink with lunch and dinner to enhance the home-like experience. Staff are available to assist those residents who require assistance with their meals. A comprehensive list of medical diets is available to meet our resident’s medical needs. Fresh fruit is available throughout the day in the dining rooms for the residents to help themselves to.
Each room has a flat screen TV with Foxtel, an electric bed, comfortable chair and high quality fittings with a window overlooking our gardens or the street scapes. Communal lounge areas with very large TVs are available for watching events and movies that always look better on a large screen.
Our Concierge work seven days a week to provide a level of service not available in other homes. Whether it is extra activities, small group outings or a simple shopping trip; they are there for our residents.
Bristol has a cafe where residents and their families can enjoy a cafe style coffee and cake. Our gardens offer a choice of areas where the resident and their family can find solitude or entertain a group, the choice is yours. We have a family function room set up with a large table and chairs for larger family/visits; we want your family and friends to always feel welcome.
We offer a comprehensive range of clinical services to assure that all aspects of care needs can be delivered. The care plan is developed by a multidisciplinary team including the residents General Practitioner. Carinya on Bristol also offers a respite service at the facility.
- Nursing Staff - Carinya on Bristol has 24-hour Registered Nurse coverage and acknowledges the commitment of such a dedicated group of professional Registered Nurses.
- Physiotherapy - Carinya of Bicton employs a qualified physiotherapist to assess the individual needs of each resident. We aim to keep residents as mobile as possible and maintain some independence.
- Occupational Therapy - Daily activities are planned and implemented by our occupational therapy team comprising a qualified Occupational Therapist and assistants. There is a planned monthly activity plan which is available to residents and relatives and input from residents/or next of kin is welcomed.
- Podiatry - A visiting Podiatrist attends to the residents needs on a regular and scheduled plan and more often if required.
Nursing home features
- Small home (40 beds)
- Has extra service beds
- Specialist services: Podiatry, speech therapy