The District Nurses is one of Tasmania’s oldest and best loved community organisations.
We are Committed to Care. This is reflected in our values of Commitment, Equity, Excellence, Trust, Versatility & Transparency.
The District Nurses have been providing community nursing and in home support, for people of all ages, since 1896.
The District Nurses provide a full range of care services across Tasmania including:
- Commonwealth Home Support Program
- Department of Veterans Affairs Home Care and Nursing
- Home and Community Care Program for people under 65 years
- Home Care Packages
- Short Term Restorative Care packages
- After hours services
- Assistance with house hold tasks including meal preparation
- Community Nursing
- End of Life care
- Gardening and minor home maintenance
- Help with showering and dressing
- In home respite
- Social support and transport
Services can be provided through government subsidised programs such as Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP), Home Care Packages (HCP) or can be purchased as private services.
In home care features
Types of care
Additional details: Includes end of life care
Health service features
Additional details: In home services; includes Nurse Practitioners